Going to Fashion School doesn't mean you have to pick and leave home for a semester or 4 years and it won't cost you thousands of dollars. You actually can study the basics at home on your own schedule. Now, you won't turn into an overnight designer, but you will be able to design for yourself by actually planning and using step-by-step methods that artists use because they were taught these in school. This document has downloads to some of my most used techniques when I'm designing for my clients:
- Apex Points and Proportions and How To Use Them - nebulous concepts explained plainly so that you can use them in your projects.
- Elements of Composition and Principles of Design - containing the basics of art design
- Color has it's own document because it's that important
- How to make your own Croquis - a cheating tool to help you design better for your shape and size
- Fashion Report - this will be updated with the latest trends, styles and silhouettes with ideas on how to use them to update your look. (I'm working on making this an ongoing free download once you have this resource in your library, but for now please email me and I will send you the updated report.)
- Bonus - Yves St. Laurent's 7 Points of Interest for Designers and how to use them - a mainstay in designing for me & my clients.
The great news is that you will download these and have these forever so that you can refer to them as you need. Most importantly, read through these and become acquainted with what's in here, because when you do get ready to design, these can be so helpful in getting you on the right track toward making a flattering yet fitted and comfortable garment! And being fitted flatteringly IS the penultimate in clothing!